Unite Fitness Decathlon [UFD] is like no other fitness race event, where completion is the trophy and all are winners. Participants step through 10 fitness challenges and run for a total 10K trail (6.2 miles). This unique combination of fitness elements is an incredible workout and one hell of an accomplishment, proving you are truly fit in all meanings of the word. A limited number of participants will race in waves of 15-25, starting every 10 minutes. View some of the best pics from UFD 2013.
The fitness challenges are exercises for high repetitions or distances that test various muscle groups, cardio conditioning and athleticism. Equipment include dumbbells, suspension trainers, ropes, sandbags, and just your own body weight. The trail run is split into “short” 3/4 mile sprints between events, with a “long” 5k to finish, with a total mileage of 10k of trails. If the distance scares you, no worries just cut off the last 5k or do a relay team and shoot for completing it next year. Click to see our detailed course run down
PURPOSE & PHILOSOPHY
“The UFD is the next generation of fitness racing”
Why train and race in just one dimension of fitness, one athletic skillset, one repetitive motion? The coaches of Unite Fitness set out to design a better, more complete and compelling fitness race event, versus just an endurance foot race or “fun” mud run. The UFD tests endurance, stability, strength, power and overall athleticism. And most importantly it’s an event that inspires and connects a community of people to train together in a healthier way.
The guiding philosophy behind the UFD is Unite Fitness’s balanced Heart.Muscle.Mind philosophy. The exercises, reps and distances for the 10 Fitness Challenges and 10k Run were chosen specifically to push all of your major muscle groups to their limit. The fitness challenges also reflect the type of cardio intervals, functional movements and simple equipment used in both our 3 Month Virtual Boot Camp and our Fitness Studios, which are the perfect way to train for this unique event.
PARTICIPANTS & TEAMS
Register and feel the motivation to get into the best shape of your life. Then show up and put your training to the test. Compete, Complete or Relay Team, it’s up to you to decide how to have the most fun at the UFD.
- COMPETITIVE WAVES: enter as an individual and you’ll have the opportunity to compete against some of the areas best athletes. Competitive waves will be held to the highest standards of sportsmanship, exercise execution, speed, and will get an official time and rank. You’ll be the first few to finish which means you’ll be the first to crack open a beer.
- COMPLETION WAVES: for most of you that only want to compete with themselves, completion waves allow you more time and relaxed attitude to get through the events. All we ask is that individuals do their best and have fun, and if a challenge becomes too much for you, just move on No Big Deal.
- RELAY TEAMS: interested in sharing the workout and achievement with friends? Relay teams can be from 2 to as many as 5 participants, 1 member will work their ass off in a fitness challenge and 3/4 mile run as the rest of the team cheers ‘ya on. Split it up the challenges however you like but they are grouped in pairs so one participant should do both challenges at the station. Everybody on the team is welcome and encouraged to run the final 5k together but you can also have your best runner do it alone. Relay Teams are for completion only and not timed.
All competitors will be awarded with drinks, food and music!
October 11th 2014
First wave takes off at 9:00AM and then every 10 minutes until all waves are launched. Your exact start time will be sent the week of the race.
LOCATION & PARKING
Carousel Village (in the back, behind Transcend Fitness & Carousel Crossfit)
591 Durham Rd, Newtown, PA 18940
Plenty of parking! Follow UFD signs when entering the shopping area.
POST RACE PARTY
The DJ music starts the moment you arrive! Proceeds from food and beverage sales will be going to our Healthier Generation charity. Competitors will not be served alcohol before the race. And be sure to explore all that Carousel Village has to offer including: hay rides, organic market, ice creamery, zoo!
ENTRY FEE SCHEDULE
Space is limited in this event. Enter to compete now to guarantee your spot.
$65 (until midnight May 31st)
$75 (June 1st – until midnight July 31st)
$89 (August 1st – until midnight September 30th)
$109 (October 1st – until midnight October 8th)
CLOSED REGISTRATION (October 9 – Race Day)
Show your support by giving your time – Register as a Volunteer! We’ll need as many hands on deck as possible to help make this event run as smooth as possible. You’ll have a great time with a front row seat to all the action, receive an official volunteer t-shirt, and with your support can help generate even more charitable donations at the Party! Our many fun UFD volunteer positions will include:
- Registration check-ins
- Event Judging
- Water Balloon Captain
- Food and Beverage Distribution
- Staffing the Finishers Tent
The whole family will enjoy Decathlon Day! There’s so much more to do besides watching all the UFD action and cheering on Mom, Dad, Brother or Sister. Kids will love testing their accuracy at Water Balloon Alley where we encourage cooling down racers as they begin the final leg of their race. Kid friendly food and drinks at the Party! will directly help to benefit our charity for childhood health. And Carousel Village has so much to offer, including:
- Mini Train ride around the farm with stops to see the animals
- Mini Antique Car rides
- Carousel ride
- Organic Ice Cream
Simply by signing up and competing you are showing your support for childhood health. When spectators are cheering the field and purchase any drinks, they too are showing support for the cause. Feeling passionate about preparing the next generation for a lifetime of fitness and well being? You’ll have an opportunity to add give even more when signing up for the race. Competitors will also have an opportunity to create their own fundraising campaigns. 100% of donations added onto your race entry will go to this amazing charity.